First UU began in 1958 as the Unitarian Fellowship of Indiana County. After years of meeting in member’s homes and rented space, in 1984 the small, but strong group incorporated as the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Indiana, and began a journey to attain a church home and increased ministry.
Through hard work and dedication our church building was dedicated in 1991.
The highlight of our sanctuary is the stained glass chalice window designed and created by deceased member Susan Littoral.
Throughout the years, First UU has reached out and received support from area ministers as guest preachers, ministers of record, and consultant ministers. The Rev. Joan M. Sabatino also began her journey with our congregation as a consultant minister, but was ordained and installed as our settled minister in May 2007.
Today First UU is focused on Growth and Vitality – individual spiritual growth, increased vitality and music ministry in our worship services and religious education program, and continued outreach of message and mission to the greater Indiana community.